Apple designed their computers that includes a function to allow users to manage which programs automatically load upon startup. This can be a handy when you want your most frequently used items to open upon start up. The down side of having programs to automatically start up is that it can potentially slow down your computer. To disable these programs when logged in, follow these steps.
1. Click the “Apple” icon in the menu bar at the top left corner.
2. Click the “System Preferences” option.
3. Click “Users and Groups” icon.
4. Click your account in the pane on the left hand side.
5. Click the “Login Items” button on the right hand side.
6. Click the program from the “Item” list and then click the “–” button. Repeat this step to remove any other additional programs from the startup list.
7. Close the window when you are done removing programs.